It’s an exciting time in your life as a newlywed. What joy, a wife and soon an addition to the family is due. Not only that, you are moving into your own home shortly. A great start to what will hopefully be many years of happiness.
The property does need some modernisation and you want to put your own mark upon it. One of the first additions is your loved one’s call. She doesn’t want curtains. Instead, she has been to visit Craigieburn’s leading blinds shop to get the show on the road, and she has made a great decision for x reasons.
Blinds not only improve the comfort and safety of your home, but they can also help you save money on your energy bills. When you use blinds to block out natural sunlight, you are reducing the amount of energy that is needed to heat or cool your home. Additionally, using window coverings can also help keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
When you choose blinds for your home, be sure to consider the type of window that you have. Some blinds are made specifically for a certain type of window, such as a casement window. If you do not know which type of window you are using, contact a professional installer who will be able to advise you on the best options for your specific situation.
If you are looking to improve both comfort and safety in your home, adding blinds is a great option!
- They will prove to be excellent value for money. Blinds cover only the precise dimensions of a window, and the installation is less complex than curtains, which are often lined and harder to install with rails making more marks on the wall. When selecting a more luxurious fabric for curtains, the price will only go up.
- Go for the modern look. Blinds simply look better in a modern home. Curtains or drapes are long swaths of fabric that can bog down the look of modern interior design. Blinds offer golden elements, neutral colours with simple lines, and an unobtrusive design. At the same time also think about improving security so nobody comes through the windows that they’re in front of.
- Lighten up your home. Blinds can give you more light control than curtains which can either be open or closed, whereas blinds give you the option of directing the light away or towards you. Blinds are a more user-friendly option, which is why they are ideal when starting out in a new home.
- Blinds are longer lasting and more durable. They are sized to fit only the dimensions of the window, thus removing them from pet or child access and they also age better. Curtains can fade and fray or get ripped. They can gather stains or worse, whereas blinds don’t degrade over time as quickly. Maybe further ideas can be gathered by visiting a home show.
- Easier to clean. Curtains attract dust, damp and sometimes even made which can pollute your home.
The cleaning of curtains is exhausting and expensive. Blinds simply need wiping.
The addition of blinds will make any home feel modern, add light and offer value for money without requiring the hassle of washing in the same way as curtains.