With Windows 10 as the dominant operating system, many folks were left disappointed that Microsoft didn’t update Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 to continue receiving security updates. This has led many people to seek alternative operating systems like Linux, which is free for personal use.
I am running Windows on a virtual machine (VM) on Windows 10 on my laptop (fast boot mode) and I found there are many things I need to test on this VM, such as what hardware is supported, how to create a new virtual hard drive, how to create a new virtual network card, and how to install Windows Updates.
Microsoft is finally releasing the successor to their increasingly outdated Windows 8 operating system. Since Windows 10 is a free update, many of the users have already installed it. However, the Windows 10 has a lot of features which are accessible via a virtual machine. But, it is easier to emulate a virtual environment than it is to physically emulate a computer.
Claudiu, an old hand at technology and science magazines, follows everything that comes from Microsoft closely. His sudden interest in computers began when he saw his first computer at home as a child. However, his… Read more
- Since this is a new operating system, it is best to install Windows 11 in a virtual machine and test it freely.
- You will need to download and install the virtual machine of your choice, but we have also recommended the best in this regard.
- To download on the emulator, you need to download the ISO of Windows 11.
- Of course, you also need to set up a virtual machine and then install the operating system.
Windows 11 has invaded the world and all the early adopters can’t wait to install it and test it thoroughly.
However, the new operating system can be full of bugs and compatibility issues that can make things worse in a matter of days.
We therefore recommend that you install it on a secondary system or virtual machine to avoid any problems.
In this article, we will help you install Windows 11 on VMware. The process is very similar to creating any other virtual machine, so you can use your favorite tool for this task.
How do I install Windows 11 in a virtual machine?
1. Download and install the virtual machine
- Download VMware Workstation.
- Of course, you need to choose the right version for the system you are installing it on.
- After downloading, double click on the installer to start the installation. He’ll ask for administrative privileges, so do it.
- After installation, restart your computer.
We use this program because we have tested it with many programs and in our opinion it is the most reliable, but you can try any program from our list of the best programs for virtual machines.
2. Download Windows 11 ISO
There are many Windows 11 ISO files available on the Internet, but most of them are pirated files that we do not recommend to install because they may contain malware.
The best way to do this is to go to the official Microsoft website and pick up a legitimate ISO file to make sure it hasn’t been tampered with.
We also have a complete Windows 11 Getting Started guide that will give you more information.
3. Virtual machine configuration
- You will be asked if you want to install a generic or custom configuration. Select Typical and press Next.
- You will now be asked to locate the iso file or install the operating system later. Select the Install disk image file iso option, then locate and select the Windows 11 iso file you obtained in the previous step.
- Select the type of operating system. Select Microsoft Windows and choose Windows 10 x64 as your version.
- You can now name your computer, you will probably enter Windows 11, then click Next.
- The next step is to allocate the disk space that will be used by the virtual machine. For Windows 11, free up at least 60 GB of storage space.
- Now click on Customize Hardware and set the amount of memory, processors and all other components. You need at least 8 GB to run the system, which uses the memory of your physical PC.
- Click Close and select Done.
- In the left pane you will see the specifications of the virtual machine and at the top the Enable option.
- To start the virtual machine, click the Activate Virtual Machine button.
Although it sounds complicated, the steps are pretty clear and easy to follow. Once you have the Windows 11 ISO and the virtual machine installed, the configuration is fairly simple.
4. Installing Windows 11 in the virtual machine
- Open VMware and click Power On to start the Windows 11 machine you just created.
- After a few seconds you will see the Windows 11 logo, and then you can configure the keyboard, language and date.
- Now click on the Install button.
- Click on the option I don’t have a product key.
- Then select the operating system you want to install.
- Select the partition where you want to install it and you will see the partition created in the previous step.
- The installation will now run smoothly and take a little longer than on a normal PC, since you are of course running it on a virtual machine.
The result is Windows 11 installed on your virtual machine. After installation, you need to set up the final details and create a Microsoft account.
You will then be asked to enter some experience parameters, such as. B. If you want to use it for schoolwork, creativity, games or family, and if you want to back up your data to OneDrive.
Additional tips for running Windows 11 in a virtual machine
- After booting, install the VM utilities in a copy of Windows 11, as they will resize the machine to fit your PC.
- Try to give the virtual machine as many resources as possible, especially memory.
- Use the virtual machine settings to improve the resolution and display of the virtual machine’s windows.
Learn how easy it is to install Windows 11 on VMware and any other virtual machine.
And while you’re in the virtual chapter, you can also check out the best virtual desktop programs for Windows 10 that will definitely work on Windows 11.
If you have any problems running Windows 11 on a virtual machine, please let us know in the comments.
Was this page helpful?
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionWindows 10 is a console for the modern age. This means that while Microsoft wants to make a Windows-based OS, it wants to achieve this in primarily an application-driven way. For most of the users, app is everything. They want to stream music, watch movies, play games, and perform a few other tasks. Microsoft wants to make Windows 10 a platform, meaning that it wants it to be a platform for apps. Just like its predecessors, it will be available to download on all the Windows devices. The difference is that now it will be available for the Linux users as well.. Read more about windows 11 media creation tool and let us know what you think.
vmware workstationwindows 11 virtual machinewindows 11 preview isowindows 11 isowindows 11 media creation toolis windows 10 free,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,vmware workstation,windows 11 virtual machine,windows 11 preview iso,windows 11 iso,windows 11 media creation tool,is windows 10 free,installing windows